Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Israel from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Israel digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Action/Adventure content stands out with high demand in Israel. 10.1% of demand for shows in Q1 2023 was for this genre – its highest share of demand in this report.
- The comedy genre also achieved its highest share of demand in this report in Israel. 15.4% of demand forshows in Israel was for a comedy series.
- Israel had the second lowest share of demand for children’s content in this report – 5.9%.
- The drama genre accounted for nearly 50% of demand in Israel. The popularity of this genre is reflected in the fact that half of the ten most in-demand subgenres are drama subgenres here.
- The sci-fi drama and mystery drama subgenres ranked higher in Israel than any other market in this report as the third and eighth most in-demand subgenre respectively.
- High demand for superhero series helped drive the large share of demand for the action/adventure genre in Israel. As the fifth most in-demand subgenre of the quarter it ranked higher here than in any other market in this report.
Israel platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- Israel was the most HBO-loving market in this report. Fully 9% of demand for shows was for a show from HBO or HBO Max.
- Another platform known for its premium content won over Israeli audiences this quarter. Shows from Apple TV+ accounted for 4.1% of demand for all series in Israel, a notably larger share than in any other market in this report.
- Israel was the only market in this report where Showtime ranked in the top 15 platforms by share of demand for original content. 1.5% of demand for all series in Israel was for a Showtime original series this quarter.
- HBO content was notably successful in Israel this quarter. The Last of Us was the most in-demand show in this market and The White Lotus was the second most in-demand show, a higher rank than it achieved in any other market in this report.
- ABC drama, The Good Doctor, caught the attention of Israeli audiences where it had 11.5 times the average series demand and ranked as the 12th most in-demand show, higher than in any other market in this report.
- The Israeli drama, Fauda, was a local production that stood out this quarter. It had 9.3 times the average series demand in Israel for the quarter.
Top digital original series in Israel
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q1 2023 in Israel across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.