Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Mexico from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Mexico genre and subgenre preferences for series
- 11.5% of demand for shows in Mexico was for a children’s series, well above the 7.4% global share of demand for this genre.
- The 4.5% share of demand that Mexican audiences gave to the action/adventure genre was the second smallest share of demand for the genre in this report and well below the global share of demand for action/adventure shows – 6.5%.
- The share of demand for animated shows in Mexico, 12.3%, made it the fourth most animation-loving market in this report.
- Mexico was one of the two markets in this report where soap opera ranked as the most in-demand subgenre for the quarter, along with Colombia.
- Mexico was one of the four markets in this report where school-age shows ranked as the third most in-demand subgenre for the quarter, the highest rank for the subgenre.
- Talk shows ranked as the tenth most in-demand subgenre in Mexico. This type of content rarely ranks among the top subgenres and this reflects high demand for variety series in general in Mexico.
Mexico originals share of demand and demand distribution
- Las Estrellas was the biggest source of demand for content in Mexico in Q2 2023. 9.8% of demand for series was for a Las Estrellas show, beating out even Netflix (6.8%).
- Content from Disney branded platforms and channels was an important driver of demand for shows in Mexico. These shows accounted for 4.2% of demand, making Disney the third largest source of demand for shows in Mexico.
- Local content from TV Azteca made up a substantial share of demand in Mexico, accounting for 3.2% of demand for series in the country in Q2 2023.
- The popular and long-running Mexican anthology series, La Rosa de Guadalupe, from Las Estrellas was the most in-demand show in Mexico in Q2 2023. It had 21 times the average series demand for the quarter.
- La Academia was the most in-demand show in Mexico from TV Azteca this quarter. It had 17.3 times the average series demand and ranked as the sixth most in-demand show for the quarter.
- The Simpsons was notably successful in Mexico this quarter. It had 18.1 times the average series demand here and ranked as the fourth most in-demand show - higher than in any other market in this report.
Top series in Mexico
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2023 in Mexico across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.