Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Portugal from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Portugal genre and subgenre preferences for series
- Portugal had the highest share of demand for action/adventure content in this report. The action/adventure genre made up 7.7% of demand for all series in Portugal.
- The share of demand for children’s content was the second smallest in Portugal in this report. Portuguese audiences gave 7.8% of demand to children’s series in Q2 2023.
- Portuguese audiences gave a 10.6% share of demand to the animation genre. This was the third smallest share of demand for the genre in this report and below the global share of demand for animation (12.9%).
- Superhero series ranked as the tenth most in-demand subgenre in Portugal this quarter and helped drive demand for the overall action/adventure genre.
- Portugal was one of three markets in this report where crime drama ranked as the most in-demand subgenre.
- Sci-fi drama achieved its highest rank in this report in Portugal and Belgium where it ranked as the fourth most in-demand subgenre for the quarter.
Portugal originals share of demand and demand distribution
- CBS originals made up a larger share of demand in Portugal than in any other market in this report. 6.1% of demand for shows in Portugal was for a CBS series in Q2 2023.
- Apple TV+ series accounted for 3.4% of demand for all series in Portugal in Q2 2023, a larger share for the platform than in any other market in this report.
- With an 8.1% of demand for series in Portugal this quarter, Netflix originals made up a significant share of demand in this market. Only in the US did Netflix account for a larger share of demand in this report.
- Ted Lasso, from Apple TV+, was the most in-demand show in Portugal for the quarter with 16.7 times the average series demand. Portugal was the only market in this report where Ted Lasso topped the ranking of most in-demand shows.
- As the 12th most in-demand show in Portugal for the quarter, Grey’s Anatomy reached its highest rank in Portugal in this report.
- O Triângulo, the reality series from the Portuguese channel TVI, was the most in-demand local series in Portugal in Q2 2023. It had 8.9 times the average series demand and ranked as the 17th most in-demand show overall.
Top series in Portugal
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2023 in Portugal across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.