Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in the Hungary in Q3, 2021?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Hungary from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Hungary Digital Original Genre and Subgenre Preference
- The 9.4% share of demand Hungarian audiences gave to animated digital original series was the second largest of markets in this report.
- The share of demand for digital original comedies in Hungary (12.8%) was one of the smallest in this report and below the global share of demand for this genre, 16.1%.
- Hungary was one of the five markets in this report that had a greater than 20% share of demand for action/adventure series.
- Animated comedy was the 6th most in-demand subgenre in Hungary for the quarter. This is the subgenre’s highest rank in this report, which it also achieved in Poland.
- Hungary was one of only three markets in this report (along with the US and Poland) where cartoon ranked among the top ten most in-demand digital original subgenres for the quarter.
Hungary Platform Demand Share and Digital Originals Demand Distribution
- Hungary was the only market in this report where the share of demand for originals from Other platforms not broken out here was less than 4%.
- In all but two markets in this report, Apple TV+’s share of demand for its originals is larger than HBO Max. In Hungary HBO Max’s share of demand (6.9%) eclipsed Apple TV+’s share (6.4%).
- In this report, Hulu’s share of demand for all digital originals was 3rd smallest in Hungary (6.4%). However, it grew in September to reach a 7.5% share of demand.
- Stranger Things was the most in-demand digital original in Hungary in Q3 with 14.8 times the average series demand. La Casa de Papel came in a close second however with 14.3x.
- The Finnish series, Arctic Circle, found fans in Greece outside of its home market. The show had 1.34 times the average series demand here this quarter.
- While Hungary had one of the smallest shares of demand for action/adventure series from Disney+, the docu-series Marvel Studios: Assembled (which explores the making of Marvel series) ranked higher here than in any other market in this report (#94).
Hungary Platform Demand Share for Drama & Action/Adventure Digital Originals
- Of markets in this report, Hungary had the second largest share of demand for digital original dramas from HBO Max (4.5%).
- Hungary was one of only three markets in this report where the share of demand for original drama series from Hulu fell below 9% for the quarter.
- The share of demand for drama originals from Apple TV+ barely moved this quarter, fluctuating between 7.5 and 7.6%.
- Netflix’s share of demand for action/adventure originals in Hungary (24.6%) was the second largest in this report behind only the US.
- With 46.7%, Hungary had the second smallest share of demand for action/adventure originals from Disney+ of markets in this report. Only the US had a smaller share of demand for Disney+ originals in the genre (31.5%).
- There was high demand for action/adventure originals from Paramount+ in Hungary this quarter. 4.4% of demand in the genre was for a Paramount+ original-the second largest share of demand for the platform in this report behind only Israel.
Top Digital Original Series in Hungary
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q3 2021 across all platforms in Hungary:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.