Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in the Indonesia in Q3, 2021?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Indonesia from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Indonesia Digital Original Genre and Subgenre Preference
- In this report, Indonesian audiences gave a larger share of demand to action/adventure originals than any other market. The 23.5% share of demand for this genre makes it the genre with the second highest demand share here.
- A high demand for animated content also sets Indonesia apart. The 10.8% share of demand for animated originals was larger than in any other market in this report.
- High demand for the two genres mentioned above has cut into the share of demand for drama originals in Indonesia. The 44% of demand for this genre was the second smallest in this report only larger than the US.
- The large demand for animated content in Indonesia is driven by both the anime and animated comedy subgenre. Both have similarly high demand and ranked as the 8th and 9th most in-demand subgenres here this quarter.
- Indonesia was the only market covered in this report where Anime ranked in the top ten most in-demand digital original subgenres.
Indonesia Platform Demand Share and Digital Originals Demand Distribution
- Of markets in this report, Indonesia had the largest share of demand for original series from Disney+. The 19.1% share of demand for the platform’s originals in Indonesia was more than twice its global share of demand.
- Paramount+ had the smallest share of demand in Indonesia of markets covered in this report. Only 2.3% of digital original demand was for a Paramount+ original.
- With a 5.9% share of demand for all original series, Apple TV+’s share of demand in Indonesia was the second smallest of markets in this report.
- As in four markets in this report, Loki was the most in-demand digital original in Indonesia in Q3 2021. It had 14.97 times the average series demand.
- Nas Daily, from Facebook Watch performed well in Indonesia where it had 2.2 times the average series demand. As the 33rd most in-demand digital original here, it ranked higher in Indonesia than in any other market in this report.
- Joy of Life (庆余年) from Tencent Video had good demand in Indonesia for the quarter. It ranked 61st among the most in-demand digital originals which is a higher rank for the show than it achieved in any other market in this report.
Indonesia Platform Demand Share for Drama & Action/Adventure Digital Originals
- Original dramas from Amazon Prime Video resonated the least with audiences in Indonesia out of all markets in this report. The platform’s 7.9% share of demand for its original dramas was the smallest in this market.
- HBO Max dramas made up only 1.7% of demand for all digital original dramas in Indonesia–the platform’s smallest share of all markets in this report.
- Indonesia was one of only two markets in this report where Netflix’s share of demand for original dramas was greater than 60%. Netflix’s 65.2% share here makes Indonesia the market with the second largest share of demand for Netflix dramas in this report.
- Disney+ achieved its largest demand share for action/adventure originals in Indonesia out of all markets in this report. 58.6% of action/adventure original demand was for a Disney+ series in Q3.
- HBO Max had its second smallest share of demand for action/adventure originals in Indonesia. The 9.5% of demand that was for an HBO Max original this quarter is below the platform’s global share of demand–13.2%.
- HBO Max tripled its demand share for action/adventure originals from July to September, going from 4.9%to 14.7% of demand in Indonesia.
Top Digital Original Series in Indonesia
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q3 2021 across all platforms in Indonesia: