Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in the Israel in Q3, 2021?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Israel from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Israel Digital Original Genre and Subgenre Preference
- Israel was the most comedy-loving market in this report. The 18.5% share of demand for the genre was well above the global share of demand for digital original comedies (16.1%).
- The 17.8% share of demand for action/adventure originals in Israel was the third smallest demand share for the genre in this report. Only in Israel and the US did comedy make up a larger demand share than action/adventure.
- 45.1% of demand for digital originals was for a drama in Israel. This is among the smallest shares for the genre in this report and well below the global share of demand for this genre (47.8%).
- Crime drama was the 6th most in-demand digital original subgenre in Israel this quarter. This was a lower rank for this subgenre than in any other market in this report.
- The sci-fi action subgenre was the 8th most in-demand digital original subgenre in Israel for Q3 2021. This was the highest rank for the subgenre in this report, which it also ranked in Switzerland.
Israel Platform Demand Share and Digital Originals Demand Distribution
- Israel was the least Netflix-dominated market in this report. With a 32% share of demand for its originals, less than a third of digital original demand was for a Netflix original this quarter.
- Israel had the largest share of demand in this report for three different platforms–Apple TV+ (10.5%), HBOMax (9.4%), and Paramount+ (6.9%).
- Netflix’s share of demand in Israel has consistently declined this quarter. In September it fell to a new low-29.4% share of demand for originals.
- Israel was the only market in this report where WandaVision was the most in-demand original series in Q3 2021. It had 14.36x the average series demand.
- Comedies across several platforms ranked higher in Israel than in other markets in this report. Hacks (HBOMax, #18), The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime Video, #20), and Girls5eva (Peacock, #72) are three examples.
- The Handmaid’s Tale ranked higher in Israel than in any other market in this report. It was the third most in-demand digital original and had 11.97 times the average series demand.
Israel Platform Demand Share for Drama & Action/Adventure Digital Originals
- 5.8% of demand for digital original dramas in Israel was for an HBO Max original this quarter. This was the largest share of demand for HBO Max dramas of markets in this report.
- Israel was the only market in this report where Apple TV+ had a greater than 10% share of demand for drama originals.
- High demand for dramas from other platforms has cut into Netflix’s share of demand in Israel. Netflix had the smallest share of demand for digital original dramas in Israel of all markets in this report.
- Israel was unique among markets in this report as the only country where HBO Max’s share of demand (15.2%) for action/adventure originals surpassed Netflix’s share (15.1%).
- Netflix’s 15.1% share of demand in the action/adventure genre was its smallest share of markets in this report.
- Israeli audiences gave a larger share of demand to action/adventure originals from Paramount+ than any other market in this report–5.7%.
Top Digital Original Series in Israel
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q3 2021 across all platforms in Israel: