Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in the Poland in Q3, 2021?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Poland from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Poland Digital Original Genre and Subgenre Preference
- Poland had the second largest share of demand for children’s content in this report (5.0%), behind only the US which had exceptionally high demand for digital original kids series.
- Poland was one of the five markets in this report that had greater than 20% share of demand for the action/adventure genre. The 20.8% share of demand for this genre makes Poland the third most action/adventure loving market in this report.
- The share of demand for digital original documentaries in Poland (2.3%) is less than half that of the global share of demand for this genre (5.5%).
- Cartoon was the 8th most in-demand digital original subgenre in Poland in Q3 2021. Poland was one of only three markets in this report where cartoon was in the top ten most in-demand subgenres.
- Animated comedy was the 6th most in-demand digital original subgenre in Poland. This was the highest rank animated comedy reached in this report, which it also achieved in Hungary.
Poland Platform Demand Share and Digital Originals Demand Distribution
- Disney+’s 16.5% share of demand for original series in Poland was its second largest share of demand in this report, behind only Indonesia.
- Amazon Prime Video’s share of demand (13.1%) was on of the largest in this report and above the platform’s global share of demand for original series (12.1%).
- Apple TV+’s share of demand in Poland grew to be larger than Hulu’s share over Q3. While both platform’s grew their demand share this quarter, Apple TV+ ended the quarter with an 8.1% share of demand in September compared to Hulu’s 7.9% share.
- Loki was the most in-demand digital original series in Poland this quarter. It had 18.05 times the average series demand here.
- Curious George, the cartoon from Peacock, has found success in Poland. As the 20th most in-demand digital original it ranked higher here than in any other market covered in this report.
- Rojst is a Polish Netflix original that has high demand in its home market. In Q3 2021 the show had 4.79 times the average series demand.
Poland Platform Demand Share for Drama & Action/Adventure Digital Originals
- Netflix dramas made up an even 50% share of demand for digital original dramas in Poland in Q3 2021.
- Apple TV+ had its second largest share of demand for digital original dramas in Poland–9.8%.
- In September, the share of demand for Hulu original dramas (13%) surpassed both Amazon Prime Video (11%) and Apple TV+ (10.2%).
- As with all markets in this report, Disney+ made up the largest share of demand for action/adventure originals in Poland, accounting for 52.3% of demand in the genre in this market.
- The share of action/adventure original demand for HBO Max and Amazon Prime Video originals came closest to each other in Poland. Only 0.1% separated the platforms, which are competing for 3rd place behind Netflix and Disney+ in most markets in this report.
- The share of demand for Disney+’s action/adventure originals peaked in Poland in July 2021 when it reached a 55.8% share of demand.
Top Digital Original Series in Poland
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q3 2021 across all platforms in Poland: