Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Singapore in Q2, 2021?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Singapore from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Singapore Digital Original Genre and Subgenre Preference
- The share of demand for action/adventure originals in Singapore was the second highest of markets in this report. With a 23.9% share for the genre, this was one of four markets that had a greater than 20% demand share for action/adventure.
- Singaporeans’ 8.2% share of demand for animated content was the third highest of markets in this report–well above the global average of 6% for this genre.
- The reality genre performs well in Singapore. It’s 3.4% share of demand for reality originals is +28% higher than the global average share for this genre, 2.7%.
- Animated comedy was the 8th most in-demand digital original subgenre in Singapore for Q2 2021, reflecting the broader popularity of animation here.
- Both action fantasy and fantasy drama ranked in the top ten subgenres (9th and 10th respectively) indicating an interest in fantasy content in Singapore.
Singapore Platform Demand Share and Digital Originals Demand Distribution
- Singapore has the second highest share of demand for originals from Disney+ of markets in this report. 17.5% of demand for digital original series in Singapore was for a Disney+ original in Q2 2021.
- The 13.8% share of demand that Singaporeans expressed for Amazon Prime Video originals is above the global share of demand for this platforms originals–12.7%.
- In Singapore, the share of demand for originals from Apple TV+ and Hulu is equal to the global share of demand for these platforms–5.4% and 5.6% respectively
- Singapore was one of two markets in this report where WandaVision was the most in-demand digital original series for the quarter. It had 19.8 times the average series demand in Singapore inQ2 2021.
- Tencent’s Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation performed well in Singapore where it had 3.5 times the average series demand this quarter.
- Story of Yanxi Palace, from iQIYI ranked higher in Singapore than in any of the other markets in this report. It had 1.6 times the average series demand in Q2 2021 here.
Singapore Platform Demand Share for Drama & Action/Adventure Digital Originals
- Singaporeans gave a larger share of demand for drama originals from HBO Max than any other market in this report. HBO Max originals accounted for 4.5% of demand for all drama originals here this quarter.
- Original dramas from Hulu made up 6.2% of demand for all digital originals in Singapore. Hulu’s drama demand share was smaller only in Peru in this report.
- 55.7% of demand for drama originals in Singapore was for a Netflix series. This is higher than the low point Netflix’s demand share hit here in March, 50.0%
- A majority of demand for action/adventure originals in Singapore this quarter was for a Disney+ original. Disney+ originals accounted for 57.3% of demand in this genre this quarter.
- 15.3% of demand for action/adventure originals in Singapore this quarter was for an Amazon Prime Video series. This is the second highest demand share in this genre for Amazon Prime Video in this report.
- The 7.7% of demand for action/adventure originals that was for an HBO Max original is below this platform’s global share of demand in this genre.
Top Digital Original Series in Singapore
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q2 2021 across all platforms in Singapore: