This Parrot Analytics SVOD platform trend report for Canada reveals which which SVOD’s digital original series appealed most to Canadian audiences between February and April 2020.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Are Canadian audiences demanding more linear or more digital content?
- Which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Canadian audiences and how is this demand evolving?
- In the Action and Adventure genre, which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by Canadian audiences and how is this demand evolving?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- The demand share of digital originals in Canada is lower than the global average of 16.6%. This indicates the global SVOD platforms are facing strong competition from Canadian networks.
- The demand share of Disney+ original series is higher in Canada than it is globally. This may be due to Canada being one of the initial launch markets for the platform.
- Science fiction action and adventure originals had high demand in these three months, benefitting the platforms offering series of this type.