This Parrot Analytics SVOD platform trend report for France reveals which which SVOD’s digital original series appealed most to French audiences during 2019 Q4.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Are French audiences demanding more linear or more digital content?
- Which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by French audiences and how is this evolving?
- In the Action and Adventure genre, which SVOD’s original series are demanded most by French audiences and how is this evolving?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- 15.2% of all expressed demand in France in 2019 Q4 was for a digital original series from local or global streaming platforms. This is almost identical to the global figure of 15.3%.
- In France, Netflix originals have the majority of 2019 Q4’s demand for digital original series. The French Netflix demand share of 57.4% is higher than the global average.
- New global platform Disney+ has immediately gained the third largest demand share for action and adventure digital digital originals. In France in 2019 Q4, Disney+ titles had a 21.9% share of this genre.