Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Switzerland from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Switzerland digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Switzerland was one of 5 markets in this report where the reality genre accounted for over 10% of demand. 10.9% of demand for shows in Q1 2023 was for a reality series in Switzerland.
- Swiss audiences gave the second largest share of demand to the variety genre in this report. 4.6% ofdemand for shows was for a variety series in Q1 2023.
- Horror was not a popular genre in Switzerland. Although accounting for a small share of shows in all markets, Switzerland was one of four markets in this report where the share of demand for horror series was less than 1%.
- Competition reality ranked higher in Switzerland than in any other market in this report as the sixth most in-demand subgenre for the quarter.
- Crime drama ranked as the most in-demand subgenre in Switzerland in Q1 2023. It was the top subgenre in half of the markets is this report.
- Switzerland was one of four markets where comedy drama ranked as the fifth most in-demand subgenre for the quarter, the highest rank it reached in this report.
Switzerland platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- HBO content outperformed its global share of demand in Switzerland. 6.0% of demand for shows in Switzerland was for an HBO or HBO Max series compared to a 4.3% share of demand for this content globally.
- Switzerland was the only market other than Ireland in this report where ITV broke into the top 15 channels or platforms by share of demand. 1.5% of demand for shows in Switzerland was for an ITV series this quarter.
- Switzerland had the largest share of demand for shows not in the top 15 original platforms. 46% of demand for shows was for a series from the “Other” category, pointing to a varied TV diet less dominated by the biggest players.
- The Last of Us was the most in-demand show in Switzerland this quarter. The breakout new series from HBO succeeded around the world and was the most in-demand show in six of the ten markets in this report.
- Local competition reality series, The Voice of Switzerland, stood out in its home market this quarter where it had 10.4 times the average series demand.
- Shows in several languages performed well in Switzerland this quarter. Touche Pas À Mon Poste (French) and Grande Fratello VIP (Italian) ranked higher in Switzerland than in any other market in this report.
Top digital original series in Switzerland
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q1 2023 in Switzerland across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.