Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Poland from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Poland digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Poland was the most horror-loving market covered in this report. 1.3% of demand for shows was for a horror series, the largest share of demand for the genre in this report.
- The comedy genre accounted for its smallest share of demand in Poland in this report. Only 11% of demand for shows was for a comedy series.
- Polish audiences had a significant appetite for animated content this quarter. 18.7% of demand for shows was for an animated series. This is the second largest share of demand for the genre in this report and well above the global share of demand for animation (13.1%).
- Japanese animation was the most in-demand subgenre in Poland in Q1 2023. It had a wide lead over the second ranked subgenre, crime drama.
- The school age subgenre of children’s content ranked as the third most in-demand subgenre in Poland, its highest rank in this report which it also achieved in Ireland.
- Poland was one of four markets in this report where the thriller subgenre ranked in the ten most in-demand subgenres for the quarter. High demand for horror content in Poland could be spilling over into this horror-adjacent subgenre.
Poland platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- Netflix achieved its highest share of demand for its original series in Poland in this report. 8.5% of demand for shows in Poland was for a Netflix original series in Q1 2023.
- Shows from a Disney branded platform or channel made up the second largest share of demand by original platform in Poland, a higher rank for Disney content than in any other market in this report.
- Polish audiences gave the second highest share of demand to Cartoon Network shows in this report. 2.5% of demand for shows in Q1 2023 was for a Cartoon Network show.
- In addition to the most in-demand series in Poland, The Last of Us, another apocalyptic drama, The Walking Dead, reached its highest rank in Poland as the third most in-demand show with 17.2 times theaverage series demand.
- The Polish drama 1983, is an example of local Netflix original content succeeding in its home market. The show had 6.9 times the average series demand for the quarter.
- Król, a drama from Canal+ Polska, just missed out on the top 20. It ranked as the 23rdmost in-demand show in Poland with 10.3 times the average series demand.
Top digital original series in Poland
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q1 2023 in Poland across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.