Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Mexico from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Mexico digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Mexico had the largest share of demand for children’s content in this report, 11.3%.
- With a 12.4% share of demand, Mexican audiences gave the second smallest share of attention to the comedy genre in the report, only greater than France (12.2%).
- Mexico was tied with Italy for the lowest share of demand given to shows in the documentary genre. Both countries had a 2.3% share of demand for documentaries. This was only slightly greater than half of the global share of demand for documentary series (5.2%).
- Soap opera was the most in-demand subgenre in Mexico in 2022. This is a higher rank for soap opera than in any other market in this report.
- High demand for children’s content in Mexico is apparent in the top subgenres for the year. Both the school-age and pre-school subgenres of children’s content ranked higher in Mexico than in any other market in this report.
- Romantic drama was the sixth most in-demand subgenre in Mexico–a higher rank than it achieved in any other market in this report.
Mexico platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- The share of demand in Mexico for shows from Las Estrellas was 9.5% in 2022, surpassing Netflix which had a 7.6% share of demand for the year.
- Content from local conglomerate, TV Azteca, accounted for 3.0% of demand for all shows in Mexico in 2022.
- Mexico had the second largest share of demand in this report (behind only the US) for shows from Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon ( 2.7% and 2.5% respectively). High demand for kids content in this market helped boost the share of demand for these channels’ originals here.
- The extremely popular anthology drama series La Rosa de Guadalupe was the most in-demand local series in Mexico for 2022. It had 17.84 times the average series demand and ranked as the third most in-demand show in its home market.
- La Academia, a musical competition series from TV Azteca was the most in-demand reality series in Mexico of 2022. It had 9.60 times the average series demand for the year.
- Caso Cerrado was the most in-demand reality show in Mexico from Telemundo in 2022, with 8.96 times the average series demand.
Top digital original series in Mexico
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in 2022 in Mexico across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.