Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Brazil, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Brazil, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to people in Brazil.
- How local demand in Brazil for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Brazil
In the report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from January through March, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT television trends in Brazil over the last three months is also included:
- Though it was released last quarter, Stranger Things still had nearly 3 times more average demand than any other digital original series.
- The newest Brazilian Netflix show, The Mechanism, peaked with twice as much demand as the other popular release this quarter, Altered Carbon.
- The Handmaid’s Tale increased in popularity over the two weeks after its wins at the Golden Globes.
- Stargate Origins, which was released on the website Stargate Command, ranked 19th in Brazil.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Brazil SVOD Ratings Television Report for Q1, 2018