Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV in Denmark.
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD demand measurement trends for Denmark. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Denmark, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences in Denmark.
- How local demand in Denmark for these titles has changed over the course of the third quarter of 2018.
- How consumer attitudes vary towards TV series streaming/downloading using peer-to-peer (P2P) networks in 4 markets globally, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q3 detailing important events with a focus on OTT trends.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the third quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Argentina, Chile, United States, Finland, India, Israel, Singapore, Sweden and Turkey.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Denmark
In the Denmark SVOD report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from July through September, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Denmark over the last three months is also included:
- The controversy surrounding new Netflix release Insatiable in late July caused a large spike in demand for the title in Denmark after being virtually unknown. The show’s release in August only had 14% higher peak demand.
- However, Insatiable’s release demand was not as strong as the release demand for Castle Rock, which became the 6th most in-demand digital original in Denmark.
- Netflix’s Danish original The Rain is the 19th most in-demand series in Denmark after the show’s May release.
- Even though season 6 is not released until November, demand for long-running political drama House Of Cards spiked a few times in Q3 as news about the new season was released, while Star Trek: Discovery continues to be strongly in-demand in this market.
The prevalence of using downloads/streaming for TV content in Denmark
Our global TV demand report also includes a study of how audiences are consuming TV series, using downloading/streaming (P2P), and how this behavior varies by age and gender in Denmark, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Denmark had the lowest prevalence of P2P service usage of the countries surveyed. Only 9% of respondents said that they used P2P services to download TV content, with 4% being regular users.
- Denmark was the only country where there was not an overall bias towards one gender regarding P2P usage preferences.
- Although Danish males were 3% more likely to answer that they were regular P2P users, Danish females were 3% more likely to be occasional users.
- Danes who said they sometimes used P2P services were most likely to be aged between 25 and 34.”
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Denmark TV SVOD Demand Measurement Q3 2018