This Parrot Analytics genre trend report for Germany reveal which genres and subgenres appealed to Germany's audiences the most during 2019 Q4.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which genres are most in-demand for German audiences this quarter?
- How do German genre trends compare to global trends for the quarter?
- Which subgenres are most in-demand for German audiences this quarter?
- For only digital original series, what genres are most demanded by German audiences this quarter and how is this different to the overall shares?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- The most demanded type of series in Germany are drama series. 40% of all demand expressed in Germany this quarter is for a drama title. The top title in this genre in Q4 2019 is Game Of Thrones.
- Reality series have a 1.7% higher demand share in Germany than they do worldwide. The most demanded reality show in Germany this quarter is The Voice of Germany.
- Germans enjoy sci-fi dramas more than the worldwide average. The subgenre is the 4th largest in Germany, but the 6th largest globally.
- When only digital original titles are considered, the German demand share for dramas goes up by 10%. 50% of all demand expressed this quarter for digital original series is for a drama title.