This Parrot Analytics genre trend report for Spain reveals which genres and subgenres appealed to Spanish audiences the most during 2020 April to June.
The key questions investigated in this report include:
- Which genres are most in-demand for Spanish audiences this quarter?
- How do genre trends in Spain compare to global trends for the quarter?
- Which subgenres are most in-demand for Spanish audiences this quarter?
- For only digital original series, what genres are most demanded by Spanish audiences this quarter and how is this different to the overall shares?
A selection of findings from this report are provided below:
- Demand for drama series makes up half of all Spanish demand during these three months.
- Compared to global averages, the drama demand share from Spanish audiences is higher than usual.
- Telenovela ranks as one of the most demanded subgenres in Spain, while anime ranks lower than average.
- Even under the lockdown conditions in this period, SVOD platforms have unrealised potential in the Spanish children’s content space. Children’s series account for 3.5% of digital original demand against 6.7% of overall demand.