Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in Italy, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Italy, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to Italians.
- How local Italian demand for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Italy
In the report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from January through March, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT television trends in Italy over the last three months is also included:
- After Stranger Things, Black Mirror had the second-highest demand for digital original series even though its demand declined over the entire quarter.
- The popularity for The Handmaid’s Tale spiked after its wins at the Golden Globes.
- The Italian Netflix series Suburra ranked 7th though it was released in October. There was a slight bump in its demand at the end of January when it was renewed.
- Altered Carbon only surpassed Black Mirror for a few days after its premiere, but Jessica Jones was still more popular than both at the end of the quarter.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Italy SVOD Ratings Television Report for Q1, 2018