Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in the Netherlands, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in the Netherlands, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to the Dutch.
- How local demand in Holland for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Streaming Television Shows in the Netherlands
In the report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from January through March, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT television trends in the Netherlands over the last three months is also included:
- Star Trek: Discovery was the second-most popular digital original series with a spike in demand for each episode and the weekend after the finale.
- The trailer for Jessica Jones’ second season had more demand than Altered Carbon, and it was the most popular digital original series after its release.
- Even though Stargate Origins was released on a niche website, Stargate Command, it had nearly as much demand as Netflix’s Altered Carbon.
- The Brazilian series The Mechanism ranked 24th in the Netherlands, the highest ranking outside of its home market in this set of markets.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Netherlands SVOD Ratings Television Report for Q1, 2018