Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in South Korea, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in South Korea, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to people living in 대한민국.
- How local demand in South Korea for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Streaming Television Shows in South Korea
In the report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from January through March, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT television trends in South Korea over the last three months is also included:
- Of the top 6 most popular digital original series, 3 of them are Marvel series: Jessica Jones, Runaways, and The Punisher.
- The demand for Daredevil also increased after Jessica Jones’ release, indicating Marvel shows influence each other’s popularity.
- The premiere of the anime series Devilman Crybaby had more demand than Altered Carbon, but Altered Carbon maintained its demand better.
- The YouTube Premium documentary BTS: Burn the Stage, about a popular K-pop group, ranked 21st in South Korea even though it only premiered in late March.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: South Korea SVOD Ratings Television Report for Q1, 2018