Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV in Sweden.
Download this report now and discover the latest SVOD demand measurement trends for Sweden. Our comprehensive global TV demand report includes the following insights:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in Sweden, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to audiences in Sweden.
- How local demand in Sweden for these titles has changed over the course of the third quarter of 2018.
- How consumer attitudes vary towards TV series streaming/downloading using peer-to-peer (P2P) networks in 4 markets globally, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q3 detailing important events with a focus on OTT trends.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the third quarter of 2018.
- This report also includes data for the following additional territories: Argentina, Chile, United States, Denmark, India, Israel, Singapore, Finland and Turkey.
Top Streaming Television Shows in Sweden
In the Sweden SVOD report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from July through September, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT demand trends in Sweden over the last three months is also included:
- Swedish series Modus has maintained demand in Sweden well, remaining the 8th most in-demand digital original series after the show’s season 2 premiered on local SVOD C More in November 2017.
- Modus is not alone in maintaining Swedish demand. The YouTube Premium series Cobra Kai remains in the top 25 most in-demand digital original series in Sweden despite premiering worldwide in May, while Amazon’s The Grand Tour is in the top 5 after The Grand Tour season 2 concluded in February.
- Other YouTube content also performed well in Sweden, sci-fi series Impulse placed highly in Q3.
- As in Denmark and Finland, Castle Rock had a strong premiere in Sweden and is the 4th most in-demand digital original of Q3.
The prevalence of using downloads/streaming for TV content in Sweden
Our global TV demand report also includes a study of how audiences are consuming TV series, using downloading/streaming (P2P), and how this behavior varies by age and gender in Sweden, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- Sweden has the highest incidence of P2P usage of all four countries in the survey.
- 15% of respondents said they used P2P services regularly or sometimes to download TV content.
- 5% of respondents said they regularly used P2P services, the most of all four countries.
- Unlike the USA and Finland, females were more likely to say they used P2P services than males in Sweden.
Please download the full 44 page report here, which also includes data and analysis for 9 other countries: Sweden TV SVOD Demand Measurement Q3 2018