Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in France in Q1, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for France from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
France Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Animation series were very popular with French audiences in Q1 2022. The 14.0% share of demand for the animation genre was above its global share of demand (10.8%).
- With 40.8% demand share, drama was the most in-demand genre in France for Q1 2022.
- The share of demand for the documentary genre in France (4.0%) was less than half of the demand share for the genre in the UK in Q1 2022.
- Japanese anime and crime drama ranked closely as the two most in-demand subgenres in France for the quarter.
- A love of comedy from French audiences helped drive high demand for sitcom (ranked 3rd), comedy drama (6th) and animated sitcom (10th) in the market in Q1 2022.
- France was one of three markets (along with Brazil and the US) covered in this report where crime drama ranked as the second most in-demand subgenre in the quarter.
France Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Netflix content made up the largest share of original demand in France this quarter. The 9.1% share of demand was below the global share of demand for the platform’s originals (10.4%).
- Content from HBO made up the second largest share of demand in France with 6.2% - 1% above the global share of demand for the platform.
- Tokyo MX content achieved its second largest demand share in France this quarter with 2.8% - slightly above the platform’s global share of demand (1.8%).
- Attack on Titan was the most in-demand show in France this quarter with 36.35 times the average series demand.
- Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug And Cat Noir, from TF1, was very successful in France where it had 16.74 times the average series demand–higher than any other market in this report.
- Touche Pas À Mon Poste !, from C8, was the highest ranked variety series in France in this report with 25.67 times the average series demand
Top Series in France
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q1 2022 across all platforms and networks in France: