Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Philippines in Q3, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Philippines from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Philippines Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- The Philippines generated the second-largest demand share for the horror genre in this report (1.2%).
- Audience demand share in the Philippines for comedy (11.0%) and drama (37.7%) fell below both genre’s global demand shares (13.5% and 39.2%, respectively).
- Audience demand share for animation in the Philippines (16.7%) was the second largest of any market in this report, behind only Indonesia.
- The Philippines are one of three markets in this report in which Japanese Animation was the most in-demand subgenre.
- Drama subgenres – Crime Drama, Romantic Drama, Fantasy Drama, Sci-Fi Drama and Comedy Drama – made up five of the top 10 most in-demand subgenres in Q3 2022.
- The Philippines were one of just four markets in this report to include Competition Reality within the top 10 most in-demand subgenres. The subgenre was not among the top 10 most in-demand globally.
Philippines Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- The Philippines is one of just two markets in this report in which audience demand
share for Netflix (10.3%) outpaced its global demand share (10.2%).
- The Philippines and Indonesia are the only markets in this report in which Disney (6.4%) was the second most in-demand content platform, its highest ranking among all ten markets.
- BBC content drew an audience demand share of 2.7% this quarter, below its global average of 3.6%.
As in most markets in this report, Stranger Things, the drama from Netflix, was the most in-demand show in Philippines in Q3 2022 with 44.4 times the average series demand.
Eight out of 10 markets in this report saw Amazon Prime Video’s superhero series The Boys land among the top 20 most in-demand series in Q3 2022.
Unlike other franchise instalments in this report such as Marvel and Star Wars, none of The Walking Dead’s spinoffs were among the top 20 most in-demand series across all 10 markets.
Top Series in Philippines
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q3 2022 across all platforms and networks in Philippines:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report.