Wondering who is winning in the streaming wars in Romania in Q2, 2022?
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Romania from The Global Demand Report. Enjoy!
Romania Genre and Subgenre Preferences for Series
- Strong demand for shows like Las Fierbinti (10.6x) and Young Sheldon (8.3x), Romania had the third largest share of demand (13.0%) for comedy content in this report.
- Drama was a popular genre with Romanian audiences. The 39.7% share of demand for the genre was thesecond largest in this report.
- The variety genre was particularly unpopular in Romania. The 2.4% share of demand was the lowest given to the genre in the quarter.
- As the 8th most in-demand subgenre in Q2 2022, Fantasy Drama ranked higher in Romania than in any other market in this report.
- Romania was one of three markets (along with Norway and Czechia) in this report where Animated Sitcom ranked in the top ten most in-demand subgenres.
- Romanian and Norwegian audiences seem to have very similar tastes, the top 10 subgenres for both markets were identical in Q2 2022.
Romania Originals Share of Demand and Demand Distribution
- Content from The CW made up the largest share of demand across all markets with 3% demand share in Romania.
- NBC achieved its third largest demand share with Romanian audiences in Q2 2022 with 4.8% - above the platform’s global share of demand (4%).
- Netflix made up the largest share of demand in Romania in this report. The 7.3% demand share was lower than the global share of demand for the platform’s content (10.0%).
- Local comedy Las Fierbinti, from Pro TV, ranked as the 17th most in-demand show in Romania this quarter.
- Action/adventure titles Moon Knight (17.54x) and Star Trek: Picard (13.55x) were in high demand in Romania in Q2 2022.
- Stranger Things, from Netflix, was the most in-demand drama series in Romania this quarter with 21.46 times the average series demand.
Top Series in Romania
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2022 across all platforms and networks in Romania: