Parrot Analytics has recently taken an in-depth look at SVOD TV trends in the United States, including:
- The top 20 digital streaming shows in the United States, as well as 5 additional titles of interest to people in the USA.
- How local demand in the US for these titles has changed over the course of the first quarter of 2018.
- How many video streaming services consumers are willing to subscribe to, including a breakdown of age and gender.
- A TV industry update for Q1 detailing important events with a focus on OTT.
- An overview of all the new streaming series that were released in the first quarter of 2018.
Top Streaming Television Shows in the United States
In the report, the top 20 digital original series and 5 series of interest have been ranked by their average Demand Expressions from January through March, 2018:
A time series plot illustrating interesting OTT television trends in the United States over the last three months is also included:
- Star Trek: Discovery was the most popular digital original series due to the growing popularity of the second half of its first season.
- While Everything Sucks! decreased in demand since its release and was cancelled, On My Block grew in demand and was renewed for a second season.
- The trailer for Jessica Jones had about the same demand as Altered Carbon after its release.
- The Facebook Watch series Comeback Kids: Animal Edition ranked 25th in terms of popularity; it has the most views and shares of any show on the platform.
For more information, check out the most up-to-date United States television industry overview.