Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Argentina from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Argentina genre and subgenre preferences for series
- Argentinian audiences gave the second largest share of demand to the drama genre in this report. 42.3% of demand for series in Argentina was for a drama.
- Comedy stands out as a popular genre in Argentina. 13.8% of demand in Q2 was for a comedy series, the second highest share for the genre in this report.
- The reality genre had the second smallest share of demand in Argentina of all markets in this report. 7.2% of demand for shows in Q2 2023 was for reality series in Argentina.
- Argentina was one of three markets in this report where crime drama ranked as the most in-demand subgenre of the quarter.
- Five of the ten most in-demand subgenres in Argentina for the quarter were drama subgenres, reflecting high demand for dramas overall.
- The thriller subgenre ranked higher in Argentina than in any other market in this report as the seventh most in-demand subgenre for the quarter.
Argentina originals share of demand and demand distribution
- Shows from the local channel Telefe drove 5.5% of demand for all series in Argentina in Q2 2023. The platform ranked as the third largest in terms of its demand share this quarter.
- Content from Disney+ and Disney channels found success in Argentina. These series made up 5.3% of demand for all series in this market, the largest share of demand in this report which it also achieved in Chile.
- Original content from the Argentine channel, El Trece, also stood out this quarter, accounting for 2% of demand for all series in Argentina this quarter.
- MasterChef Argentina, the local version of the internationally popular format was the most in-demand show in Argentina for the quarter when it had 23.3 times the average series demand.
- Argentina, Tierra De Amor Y Venganza, a local telenovela from Canal 13 returned for its second season this April and ranked as the most in-demand telenovela in Argentina this
- The political drama, December 2001, from Star+ tells the story of the political and economic crisis in Argentina at the end of 2001. The local topic seems to have resonated in Argentina where the show had 7.1 times the demand of the average series for the quarter.
Top series in Argentina
Here are the top 20 most in-demand series in Q2 2023 in Argentina across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.