Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Sweden from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Sweden digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Swedish audiences gave 12.4% of demand for series to the reality genre this quarter. This is the third largest share of demand for the genre in this report.
- The 12.3% of demand that Swedish audiences gave to the comedy genre was the joint second smallest share of demand for the genre in this report, tied with Hungary.
- Swedish audiences gave a 3.7% share of demand for shows to the variety genre. This was just slightly above the global share of demand for this genre (3.6%).
- Crime drama was the most in-demand subgenre in Sweden. However, this was the market where the second ranked genre (Japanese animation) came closest to overtaking it, with only 1% less demand for the quarter.
- The thriller subgenre ranked higher in Sweden than in any other market in this report as the sixth most in-demand subgenre of Q1 2023.
- Sweden was one of five markets in this report where the superhero subgenre ranked in the ten most in-demand subgenres of the quarter.
Sweden platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- Netflix originals accounted for the largest share of demand in Sweden where they made up 7.1% of demand for all shows.
- Sweden was one of three markets in this report where Discovery broke into the top 15 platforms with the largest demand share. Discovery shows made up 2.4% of demand for all series in Sweden this quarter.
- Sweden was one of two markets in this report where FX ranked in the top 15 platforms and channels by share of demand. 1.6% of demand across all series was for an FX show in Sweden.
- The large share of demand for reality content in Sweden this quarter was driven in part by highly popular local reality series. The most in-demand of these was Expedition Robinson, from SVT2, which had 14.9 times the average series demand and ranked fifth among shows in Sweden.
- Gold Rush, a reality series from Discovery Channel, also performed well in Sweden this quarter where it had 9.3 times the average series demand and ranked higher than in any other market in this report.
- Äkta Människor was a highly in-demand local series in Sweden. The sci-fi drama from SVT had 7.8 times the average series demand. The show is based in a futuristic Sweden where androids are common. The recent topical interest in AI has clearly helped drive fresh demand for this show.
Top digital original series in Sweden
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q1 2023 in Sweden across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.