Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for Turkey from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
Turkey digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- Turkey was the most drama-loving market in this report. In no other market did drama account for over 50% of demand this quarter. In Turkey, 57.8% of demand for series was for a drama.
- High demand for dramas in Turkey means that the demand share of other genres has been squeezed. The share of demand for animation (6.5%) and reality (3.6%) was lower in Turkey than in any other market in this report. The share of demand for these genres was also less than half their global demand share (13.1% and 9.0% respectively).
- High demand for dramas did not dent the demand for comedy in Turkey however. 14.8% of demand for shows was for a comedy–the third highest in this report
- Turkey was the only market in this report where the romantic drama subgenre ranked as the most in-demand subgenre of the quarter.
- Three other drama subgenres ranked higher in Turkey than in any other market–Soap opera, family drama, and action drama–pointing to high demand for a variety of types of drama content.
- Romantic comedy also ranked higher in Turkey than in any other market in this report as the sixth most in-demand subgenre.
Turkey platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- A strong focus on original programming from Fox Türkiye has boosted the standing of Fox content overall in this market, which accounted for 10.6% of demand for series in Q1 2023, a larger share than for anyother market we covered in this report.
- The next four largest platforms by demand share for their original content in Turkey were all local networks–Star TV, Show TV, Kanal D, and ATV. Collectively series from these channels accounted for 31.7% of demand for all shows in Turkey.
- Original content from Netflix accounted for only 5% of demand in Turkey and the platform ranked sixth in terms of its demand share, a lower rank than had in any other market in this report.
- The most in-demand shows in Turkey were dominated by local dramas. Topping the ranking this quarter was One Love (Kızılcık Şerbeti), which had 29.5 times the average series demand.
- While the top shows in Turkey were dominated by dramas, the most in-demand comedy for the quarter was Erkenci Kuş, a romantic comedy from Star TV which had 22.8 times the average series demand.
- Forbidden Fruit (Yasak Elma), was the most in-demand show from the linear channel FOX Türkiye and had 19.7 times the average series demand.
Top digital original series in Turkey
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in Q1 2023 in Turkey across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.