Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report and to discover the latest content analytics and trends for TV series on cable, broadcast, OTT and SVOD streaming platforms around the world.
Presented below is the section for France from The Global Television Demand Report. Enjoy!
France digital original genre and subgenre preferences
- France had the highest share of demand for animated content in this report, 16.5%. This is above the global share of demand for this genre–12.5%.
- In this report, French audiences gave the lowest share of their demand to the comedy genre. Only 12.2% of demand for series was for a comedy show in 2022.
- The 7.4% share of demand for the reality genre in France was the second smallest in this report and below the global share of demand for this genre (9.8%).
- The popularity of anime content in France helped to drive the large demand for animated content. France was one of three markets in this report where Japanese animation was the most in-demand subgenre, along with Brazil and Germany.
- While the comedy genre may not be popular with French audiences, a love of animation helped animated sitcoms reach their highest rank in France. The animated sitcom was the tenth most in-demand genre in France, a rank it also achieved in Canada in 2022.
- France was one of four markets where sci-fi drama reached its highest rank for the year as the fourth most in-demand subgenre.
France platform demand share and digital originals demand distribution
- Two local channels, TF1 and Canal+, each had a 2.8% share of demand for series in France in 2022.
- Tokyo MX and TV Tokyo both ranked in the top 15 channels by demand in France (with a 3.3% and 1.7% demand share respectively). High demand for anime in France helped content from these channels succeed here.
- The 5.8% of demand for HBO series in France was the fourth largest share of demand for content from HBO in this report. It was also well above the global share of demand for these series–4.9%.
- The popularity of Japanese anime in France helped lift Attack on Titan to be the third most in-demand series in France for the year. It had 26.28 times the demand of the average series.
- Plus belle la vie, a soap opera from France 3, ended its long run in November 2022 and managed to reach 10.73x demand for the year in France.
- Resident Alien, a US series from the Syfy channel found fans in France where it ranked higher than in anyother market in this report as the 64th most in-demand show for the year with 10.28x demand.
Top digital original series in France
Here are the top 20 most in-demand streaming original series in 2022 in France across all platforms:
Please subscribe to DEMAND360LITE to access the latest version of The Global Television Demand Report.